Support - Installing Wood or Laminate Underfloor Heating Guide
The flat ribbon under floor heating system fits directly under laminate floors without the need for any extra subfloor preparation. This is one of the only systems that will work as a primary heat without the need for screeds.
The flat ribbon heating mats are different from other types of heating mats. The ribbons are wider than average heating elements and spaces between are very narrow, this means you are able to have a greater surface area coverage working at lower temperatures.
The working temperature of this particular system can be as low as 25 degrees C. This will still provide a primary source of heat.
Benefits of installing our laminate underfloor heating
There are many benefits to installing this sort of system throughout your home, claiming back some of that radiator space being one of them! This metal ribbon heating system doesn’t require any other heat sources to keep you and your family warm.
You won’t be inconvenienced with Allbrite’s underfloor heating system:
- You do not have to dig up any floors
- You do not have to apply self-level or cement
- You do not have to worry about floor height build up
Little preparation is needed when it comes to installing laminate underfloor heating. As long as the surface area is flat and smooth as well clear of any rubbish and dust free, you are ready to go.
This versatile system can be effectively installed on top of any type of sub floor – concrete, wood, block and beam and insulated deck surfaces.
- Roll out your 6mm therm-all insulation and cut so it covers the whole floor
- Lay your ribbon underfloor heating mats on the insulation
- Use the double sided tape on the under floor heating mats to stick them to the insulation
- Where required use high adhesive tape to ensure the heating mats are secured
- Route the cold leads (live & neutral) to a junction box just above skirting board level
- Check the resistance of the heating elements matches with the resistance chart in the installation manual
- Connect the cold leads using our 5 lever quick connectors
- Lay your laminate floor directly over the top of the heating mats
- See Electrical section for setting up electrics, we recommend that you use a competent electrician