Support - Installing Vinyl Underfloor Heating Guide
Best for installing under vinyl heating in bathrooms and kitchens
We would recommend the latex option for installing under vinyl heating in bathrooms and kitchens.
The working temperature of this particular system can be as low as 25 degrees C. This will still provide a primary source of heat.
Benefits of installing our underfloor heating
There are many benefits to installing this sort of system throughout your home, claiming back some of that radiator space being one of them! This metal ribbon heating system doesn’t require any other heat sources to keep you and your family warm.
You won’t be inconvenienced with Allbrite’s underfloor heating system:
- You do not have to dig up any floors
- You do not have to apply self-level or cement
- You do not have to worry about floor height build up
Little preparation is needed when it comes to installing our underfloor heating. As long as the surface area is flat and smooth as well clear of any rubbish and dust free, you are ready to go.
This versatile system can be effectively installed on top of any type of sub floor – concrete, wood, block and beam and insulated deck surfaces.
- Dry lay your Easy-Heat insulation (cut to shape with a sharp knife)
- Once you are happy that all the boards will fit, remove the boards remembering where they will go
- Mix your and spread rapid set flexible tile adhesive over your subfloor (3mm notch trowel) and replace the Easy heat insulation applying a bit of pressure to ensure it bonds
- Allow the flexible adhesive to set, if using rapid set flexible adhesive you should be able to walk on the insulation within 2 hours
- Lay down your ribbon heating mats using the double sided tape on each end of the heating mats
- If necessary we recommend the use of our high adhesive tape to secure the edges
- Route the cold leads (live & neutral) to a junction box just above skirting board level
- Check the resistance of the heating elements matches with the resistance chart in installation manual
- Connect the cold leads using our 5 lever quick connectors
- Mix and spread your latex level compound to a depth of 3mm making it as smooth as possible
- Once the level compound has set, apply a further 3mm of latex making it very smooth using a float
- Once the latex has set lay your vinyl or safety floor as normal
- See Electrical section for setting up electrics, if installing in a wet area please see grounding kits