Support - Installing Carpet Underfloor Heating Guide
Carpet underfloor heating is one of the easiest to install using our flat ribbon system. The only consideration you must take into account is that both the carpet and underlay are ‘low tog’. Allbrite can supply the appropriate underlay for your installation.
Our underfloor solution for carpet is low profile and will only increase the floor level by 6mm, which is very low compared to other floor heating systems. The amorphous metal technology has a greater energy transfer rate compared to standard copper wire, enabling it to heat the room to the desired temperature more efficiently.
Under Carpet Heating Installation
When installing this particular system there is very little floor preparation required, simply ensure it is free from dust and debris. It is recommended that the floor surface is flat and smooth before installing.
The system can be installed on top of any type of sub floor, including concrete, wood, block and beam as well as insulated deck.
- Roll out your 6mm therm-all insulation and cut so it covers the whole floor
- If you are installing on top of a wooden floor you can fix the gripper rods on top of the insulation
- Place the carpet gripper rods around the edges of the room leaving a 7-12mm gap from the wall
- Lay your ribbon underfloor heating mats on the insulation between the gripper rods
- Use the double sided tape on the under floor heating mats to stick them to the insulation
- Where required use additional high adhesive tape to ensure the heating mats are secured
- Route the cold leads (live & neutral) to a junction box just above skirting board level
- Check the resistance of the heating elements matches with the resistance chart in the installation manual
- Connect the cold leads using our 5 lever quick connectors
- Lay your low tog underlay over the underfloor heating elements
- Lay your low tog carpet
- See Electrical section for setting up electrics, we recommend that you use a competent electrician